Summer is here which means more time spent outside and more BBQs. Today I tried out a new refreshing lemonade recipe to help cool me down and lemonade is often a nice drink to have in the summer time. It is great making your own homemade lemonade because as it is mostly water it is keeping you more hydrated whilst still tasting delicious.
- Juice from around 3 lemons per person
- 2 1/2 tbsp of caster sugar
- a handful of fresh mint
- Hot water
- Cold water
optional: ice, sparkling water (cold)
- wash mint, then Crush the mint in a glass
- squeeze the juice of the lemons and put into the glass.
- then add the sugar and fill the glass half full of hot water.
- the other half will be filed up of either cold water , for a soft drink, or sparking water, for a sparkling drink. Stir thoroughly.
- To finish, you can add ice, lime, strawberries, whatever you fancy.
Do you have any drink recipes you would recommend for summer?
please share you thoughts in the comments!
2 thoughts on “Mint Lemonade”
Love home made lemonade, this recipe was delicious and simple to make 🙂 I also have countless amounts of smoothies in the summer!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Smoothies are also amazing for summer, my favourite is the triple berry kiwi smoothie, yum x