Its getting a little colder so time to bring out the thicker blankets and get cozy! Just picture a little fire in the corner sending scents of bonfires and a couple of candles burning, A few fluffy throws on the sofa… mmm this is what autumn is about.
Hygge has been a bit go a trend recently, i am not sure on the pronounciation but i do know that it isabout danish coziness so here are a few tips to get that cozy look in your home. Please note that i am definitely no interior designer but these are just a few of the ways I like to make a room reach its fullest cozy potential.
- lighting a few candles- for me cinnamon and clove scents are preferred particularly the White company ‘winter’ candle and the bath and body works ‘leaves’ candle. Others could be aromatherapy candles to create a really lovely atmosphere and lift your mood.
- Make the most of natural light, let as much light a you can into the room. making sure you open curtains or maybe go far blinds or put mirrors at points around the room to reflect the light.
- Go crazy with soft furnishings like throws, blankets and cushions. If making a cozy bedroom the more duvets you can get the better (take inspiration from the Laura Ashley displays) and get colours that create warmth like soft greys, warm pinks, taupes and yellows.
- DIY your own cushion covers or make your own soft furnishings.
- Have indoor plants as it adds a little bit of the outdoors inside.
I hope these tips have helped and feel free to add your own in the comments!