Blogging. It is so much more difficult than many think, or at least to make it successful anyway. And I by no means am talking to you as a ‘successful’ blogger. I know that I need to do more of these things, that I’ve picked up that a lot of the bloggers we all love do that I’m about to share with you, a lot more often!
So what makes a blog ‘successful’? I think that that all depends on what you want to achieve with your blog but personally I would like to increase my following and get other people interested in my blog posts. So these 5 things are what a lot of bloggers do to increase they’re following and get a lot of traffic to their blogs.
- Engagement – Liking and commenting on other peoples blog posts. Now this is something that you might get emails from WordPress of; Engaging with fellow bloggers and getting involved in the blogging community. I have to be honest, if ever I’m reading a blog, I always forget to like or comment on it but I am going to improve – i’m sorry WordPress!
- Photography – Creating visually inspirational posts. I am always attracted to posts with incredible photography. It keeps me interested and intrigued as to what the post is about whether its about fashion, a product or anything else its the photography that leads me in to want to find out more. The photography on a blog is a bit like the first page of a book – if you’re not hooked by then, then you’re unlikely to carry on reading. I always find the photography one of the most difficult parts though, because you’ve got to find the right location to take the photos, and if it’s a fashion post then you have to find someone who will take a good picture and you’ve got to find the right lighting… I could go on.
- Consistency – Publishing posts frequently and consistently. Keeping those that follow you interested and the more posts you post the more topics you will cover that will interest more people, driving more traffic to your blog.
- Social media – A lot of successful bloggers have youtube channels alongside their blog. And lets face it – more people are likely to visit youtube than to read a blog post which is such a shame – lets get people reading more egh? But also having instagram, in particular, is useful to advertise your blog just like a business would, apart from rather than selling a product you are selling yourself ( not in a prostitute way haha) .
- Interaction – replying to comments from readers on your own blog and being actively engaged with your followers is important to keep your followers keep coming back to your blog. And its all about word of mouth, if you’re followers love your blog and are impressed with your interaction with them then they are more likely to recommend your blog to their friends.
I really hope that this helped you in some way to help grow your blog, and I think I need to start taking my own advise! haha.
Shop my outfit:
Coat – Zara (on sale)
Jeans – Zara
Jumper – Topshop (no longer available)
Rucksack – Fjalraven Kanken
Shoes – Old skool Vans