Here’s a round up of all of my favourite things from this year….
Films (all released in 2018) that I have seen thus far:
I was going to include Avengers Infinity War to this list because although I did love it, it did end with me just having a lot of questions and i’m not sure that there was much of a plot for me to put it in my favourites of the year. Other notable films are Mamma Mia: Here we go again which had me dancing out of the cinema, it was such a feel good film and Leave No Trace which was a very thought provoking story about civilisation and the way we choose (or don’t choose) to live.
There has been a lot of great music out this year and I have been building up my record collection but after much consideration these are my top 5 songs and albums…
- Jubilee Road – Tom Odell
- 73 – Rationale
- Nothing’s Changed – Isaac Waddington
- I know how to speak – Manchester Orchestra
- Ziggy Alberts – laps around the sun
However, this year I have mostly been discovering and rediscovering older music that I have loved listening to including the soulful Teskey Brothers which remind me of great 60’s R&B/soul artists like The Drifters and Sam Cooke. Then listening to my usual old favourites like David Bowie, Queen and Stereophonics (the latter I saw at RiZe Festival and they were incredible).
Admittedly, I am not much of a beauty enthusiast – I much prefer skincare to make-up and I hardly ever purchase any – i’m pretty sure I’ve got make up in my draw that are years old and I tend never to really mix it up a bit. Nevertheless these are a couple of my holy grails.
– Origins Clear improvement face mask
Okay… so I may have only just received this for Christmas but I had to share because after using it a couple of times already my skin feels so much softer and smoother and it smells Devine!
Here’s me rocking my best look in this charcoal, golden colour face mask for your viewing pleasure aha
– Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation
I use the shade 3.5 pale. I apply it with the bare minerals full flawless face brush.
Doucce maxlash volumizer mascara
I discovered this last Christmas when my sister gave it to me from her advent calendar and I haven’t stopped using it since.
– Pub in the park festival in Bath at the front dancing and singing along to Tom Odell.
– RiZe Festival with my gals, arms around each other screaming our hearts out to Bastille.
– Trip to Paris and Bordeaux with my family (my favourite part was a much anticipated (brief) visit to The Louvre, where I finally got to see the Mona Lisa and other Da Vinci works)
Screenshot the photo below and let me know your 2018 favourites!
What I am looking forward to next year:
New film releases…
– The Favourite
– Captain Marvel
– Star Wars
New Book releases…
– the Testaments by Margaret Atwood
– The path made clear by Oprah Winfrey
– Finishing A levels
– Going to University (Hopefully – fingers crossed! – depending on how well the above goes!)
– Whatever else life brings and unexpected last minute plans
I hope you have an incredible New year and that 2018 brings you lots of happiness and that you achieve your own personal goals! I’ll be back in early January with my first issue of DARE magazine – so stay tuned!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! ❤ 🥳